One of the biggest lies of the enemy at the moment is that your prayers don’t matter, that this pandemic is so huge and so widespread that your prayers aren’t going to make a difference. Yet nothing could be further from the truth. Jesus said that “If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, My Father in heaven will do it for you.” (Matthew 18:19)
There are lots of different ways you can begin to pray where you are, whether joining us on Wednesday nights at our Online Prayer Meetings or by signing up to be part of our Daily Prayer Chain. Click on the links below to find out more.
We’re also posting some words, dreams and visions people are receiving form the Lord that will encourage you at this time and inspire you to pray - check out our Prayer Wall to see some of these
On Thursday 19 March we had a day of prayer and fasting for our nation in light of the recent events taking place because of Covid-19. These are unprecedented times. But we serve an awesome God for whom nothing is impossible.
With much of the world in fear and apprehension this is such an important time for the Church to pray and believe in the face of so much negativity and sadly, for some, tragedy. Jesus said: “The devil comes only to steal, kill and destroy; I have come to give life, life in all its fullness.” (John 10:10)
We encourage everyone in the Church to continue to pray and use the prayer pointers from the day of prayer and fasting which you’ll find below.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6-7)
1. Pray for your household
- Pray Psalm 91, a powerful declaration of God’s protection and faithfulness, over your life, your family and the church
- 2 Timothy 1:7 - Pray for God’s love to overtake the spirit of fear that is at work in this time
2. Pray for the nation
Our authority in prayer comes from our position of being in Christ - the One who is seated at the right hand of God in heaven. As you pray for the nation see yourself lifting it up before the throne of God and out of the reach of the enemy.
- Psalm 46 - Exalt God and worship Him over the nation
- Take authority over the virus and command healing
- Take authority over fear and hopelessness and speak peace
3. Pray for our political and civic leaders
- Pray for Godly wisdom and discernment so that they would know what actions to take and when to take them
- Pray protection over them and their families
4. Pray for those who work in the NHS and the health care sector
- Pray for protection and strength and for people to stay healthy
- Pray for compassion and wisdom
- Pray for the families of NHS and care staff to be tested so they can return to work
- Pray for a good supply of PPE in ALL hospitals, for good distribution of resources, the correct transport and drivers
5. Pray for businesses and those in the workplace
- Pray for peace and wisdom for business owners in how they deal with their staff and customers/clients
- Pray for wisdom as they make critical decisions about the short term future of their organisations
In all of these situations let’s pray that believers across our nation would be salt and light, bringing hope and peace where it’s needed most.